Client Success – United Way of South Hampton Roads
Constituent Relationship Management
Nonprofit Business Intelligence
United Way of South Hampton Roads Stays Focused on the Mission With StratusLIVE for Fundraisers™
Like most nonprofits, UWSHR used a combination of disparate point solutions to manage the various channels of constituent engagement, gift processing, payouts, and the reporting needs across the organization.
Managing multiple systems presented a host of problems common within complex fundraising organizations: excess time and energy focused on technology; failure to properly track activities; double and triple data entry; lengthy delays from time of donation to payouts; and painful learning curves for employees forced to use multiple systems.
In an effort to refocus time and attention away from technology roadblocks – and back to the core mission – UWSHR was ready for a change.
“We wanted to develop deeper relationships with contributors, gain a better understanding of what motivates individuals to give, and improve internal productivity. And we wanted to do it all in one system,” said Mike Hughes, former CEO of UWSHR.
“Our mission is people, not technology. But with several systems that didn’t work together and vendors that did not understand our needs, we were locked in a model unable to support our vision,” said Bill Reid, UWSHR COO.
UWSHR engaged StratusLIVE to implement StratusLIVE for Fundraisers. The work began with a full analysis of existing data and systems; deployment of the new software; complete migration of millions of data points from multiple systems into StratusLIVE for Fundraisers; staff training; and ongoing support, including upgrades and new features.
Benefits at a Glance
- Eliminated multiple point solutions
- Leveraged the familiar Microsoft Outlook interface for easier training and more efficient work flow
- Focused on deeper donor engagement while streamlining operations and increasing employee productivity
- Reduced pledge cards processing time by 30%
- Repurposed several employees from low-level data entry to higher-level tasks
- Increased pledges and donations; engaged more donors at higher recognition levels
- Shortened time between constituent donation and payouts to member agencies
- Reduced campaign processing times from days to a few hours, with fewer employees involved
- Increased reporting accuracy and decreased reporting time
- Identified more specific market segments for better, more targeted marketing
6465 College Park Square,
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
© 2017, StratusLIVE.
All Rights Reserved.